9:30am to 5:30pm EST
- Insert USB drive into PC/Mac, remove any existing .bin file from the drive and make sure that it is formated FAT or FAT32.
- Download the desired Firmware version from www.smallhd.com/support. Be sure to read the “Changelog/Issues” file. (See link to the right of the download)
- Copy the *.bin file to the USB drive. The file must NOT be in a folder.
- Safely Eject the USB drive from the PC/Mac and insert it into the USB adapter cable that was included with your DP4.
- Switch the DP4 OFF and plug the cable into the DP4’s Mini-USB port. While pressing down on the DP4’s scroll wheel, Switch ON the DP4.
- Once white text appears on the black screen, you can stop pressing the thumb wheel.
- When prompted, switch the DP4 OFF, remove the USB cable, and then back ON again. You now have new software. (If the DP4 gets stuck during the “Verification” process for more than 4 minutes, the update is complete and the DP4 can be switched OFF and the USB cable removed.)
To fix this, do a factory reset under System in the menu. Once the monitor restarts, you may see weird colors on the screen. If so, just reboot the monitor and this will return the monitor to normal.
You can only use pip with the two following combinations:
SDI & Composite
HDMI & Composite
DP6 Tutorial: http://vimeo.com/15343175
DP4 Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsNJP8jF6qw&feature=youtu.be
1. Try a different flash drive (must be below 4gb in size) this is the most common cause for problems
2. Reformat your flash drive to Fat32, if you do not know how to do this there are many instructional video’s on youtube.
3. Try installing an older version of the firmware on the monitor if that works try the newer version again.