The DP6 monitor had to be discontinued due to the fact that we were unable to get all the parts needed to continue to build them. We will do our best to continue to service your monitors as best as we are able with the parts that we have available. However, we are unable to fix every issue that you may encounter with your monitor. If you would like to send in your monitor for evaluation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
OLED panels are subject to burn in/ image retention if you leave the same image/ guideline/ frame line on an OLED panel for an extended period of time. That image/guideline/ frame line can end up being burnt in to the panel (meaning that it will stay on the image permanently).
To help avoid this you should try not to leave the same exact thing on your screen for an extended period of time. Turning off your guides every few hours for 10-15 minutes or running video on the monitor overnight, when you are not using it, can be a good way to help avoid this. (almost like a screen saver) Here is a good video that we use for this:
OLED Burn In / Image Retention is not covered by warranty so please be attentive and aware of this potential possibility and try to guard against it.
- Warranty period begins on date of shipment
- Warranty is non-transferable; products not purchased directly from SmallHD or SmallHD approved affiliates and distributors do not qualify for warranty coverage.
- The customer shall be responsible for paying shipping charges required to return products to SmallHD for warranty repair. SmallHD shall pay for shipping of repaired products to the customer.
- Problems resulting from accidents, abuse, or misuse
- Problems resulting from electrical power source issues
- 3rd-party servicing not authorized by SmallHD
- Failure to follow product instructions
- Water damage
- Scratches to the body or panel that occur as part of normal use
Due to a limited availability of parts for our monitors we can only offer repairs within 2 years of your original purchase date. So to find out if your monitor is repairable use the info below
Within the past 2 years – Repairable
Longer than 2 years ago from today – Unrepairable (not repairable)
If you are past the 1 year mark there will be a cost associated with your repair as per our 1 year limited warranty policy.
Here is a list of the countries that we Do Not ship to:
Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Benin, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burkina Faso,Cambodia, Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Croatia/Hrvatska, Cuba, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Mauritius, Mali, Mauritania, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Niger, Nigeria, Russian Federation, Romania, Senegal, Serbia, Serbia and Montenegro (Deprecated), Sierra Leone, Tajikistan, Togo, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam.
- Refunds will be applied to the credit card on which the order was placed.
- The customer shall be responsible for paying shipping costs to return unwanted products. (after the first 48 hours)
- SmallHD reserves the right to further reduce the amount refunded if we observe physical damage to products returned for refund.
- Orders that are cancelled before they have been fulfilled* will be refunded in full.
- Fulfilled is defined as packaged and shipped.
- SmallHD does not have access to our customers’ credit card information. Our merchant services provider will administer all refunds.
Yes we do, If you live in a Country that we do not normally ship to, and you do purchase our products, please know that while we will still honor our Warranty, we WILL NOT pay for any shipping to or from SmallHD for Warranty Repairs.
- Insert SmallHD USB drive into PC/Mac. Remove any existing .bin file from the drive.
- Download the desired Firmware version from www.smallhd.com/support. Be sure to read the “Changelog/Issues” file. (See link to the right of the download)
- Copy the *.bin file to the USB drive. The file must NOT be in a folder.
- Safely Eject the USB drive from the PC/Mac.
- Switch the DP6 OFF and plug the USB drive into the DP6’s USB port.
- While pressing down on the DP6’s scroll wheel, Switch ON the DP6.
- Once white text appears on the black screen, you can stop pressing the thumb wheel.
- When prompted, switch the DP6 OFF and then back ON again. You how have new software. (If the DP6 “Hangs” during the “Verification” process, the update is complete and the DP6 can be switched OFF and ON again.
Sunspots are white looking circles that are almost always bigger then just one pixel, sometimes if you feel the LCD screen you can even feel a lump or burn spot on the actual screen. These occur when the sun is allowed to shine through the magnifying portion of the DP4 Viewfinder. When the sun shines through that it is intensified and can burn the screen. In strong sunlight this can happen in only a few seconds. That is why we always recommend either lifting the viewfinder when not in use or covering the eye hole with either a lens cap or anything that is convenient when not in use. We can repair your DP4 but there is a cost for this type of repair the cost is 160 dollars plus shipping. If you would like to set up the repair please send an email to email@example.com and we will set up a Return Authorization for you.
Every now and then the pins on the battery brackets connection can come loose. There is a very easy way to fix this problem. You can fix that by following the insturctions in this video: https://vimeo.com/43847071