Before you return your DP1 to SmallHD please select the link below and request a Return Authorization Number.
Use the same email address that was used to place the order. Also provide the Sales Order Number that was sent by SmallHD when you placed your order. It should look like xxx-SO-xxxx.
We will locate your order and issue an RA# via email.
Please make sure the Return Authorization Number is visible on the outside of the package.
You will be completely responsible for the condition of the product we receive.
We strongly suggest that you use the original packing material and take great care protecting the screen from damage.
Do NOT send power supplies or cables that may damage the screen during transit.
118 Mackenan Dr, Suite 400
Cary NC 27511
Please use the Support form to contact us if you have any questions of concerns.
Display Type: TFT-LCD
Diagonal: 8.9 inches / 226mm
Resolution: 1280×768 (WXGA)
Contrast Ratio: 500:1
Native Aspect Ratio: 15:9
Viewing Angle: 178° H/V
Color Reproduction: 18 Bit RGB / 262,144 colors
LCD Finish: Glare and Polarization Filters (Low Gloss)
Active Viewing Area: 7.635 in. x 4.581 in.
Pixel Pitch (pixel size): 0.005965 in. / 0.1515 mm
Pixels Per Inch (ppi): 168
Response Time: 28 ms
Connection Types (Inputs)
1 x HDMI (Type A) Female
1 x Component (3 x RCA Female)
1 x VGA 15-pin D-Sub Female
1 x S-Video 4-pin mini-DIN Female
1 x Composite/CVBS (1 x RCA Female)
1 x Power (5.5mm OD / 2.1mm ID Female Barrel)
HDMI 1.3: 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 576p, 480p
Component: 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 576p, 576i, 480p, 480i
VGA (max resolution): 1920 x 1080 / 60Hz
S-Video: NTSC, PAL, SECAM
Composite/CVBS: NTSC, PAL, SECAM
Supported SD Formats:
NTSC — M, J, 4.43
PAL — B, D, G, H, M, N, Nc, I
USB Drive: It is highly recommended that you use a drive that is 2GB or less and formatted FAT or FAT32.
NOTE: The drive should contain only ONE *.bin file, the *.bin downloaded from www.smallhd.com/support. ALWAYS delete the old *.bin from the USB drive before making the next update. You can have other files on the drive, but only one *.bin file.
1. Insert USB drive into PC/Mac, remove any existing .bin file from the drive and make sure that it is formated FAT or FAT32.
2. Download the desired Firmware version from www.smallhd.com/support. Be sure to read the “Changelog/Issues” file. (See link to the right of the download)
3. Copy the *.bin file to the USB drive. The file must NOT be in a folder.
4. Safely Eject the USB drive from the PC/Mac and insert it into the USB adapter cable that was included with your DP4.
5. Switch the DP4 OFF and plug the cable into the DP4’s Mini-USB port. While pressing down on the DP4’s scroll wheel, Switch ON the DP4.
6. Once white text appears on the black screen, you can stop pressing the thumb wheel.
7. When prompted, switch the DP4 OFF, remove the USB cable, and then back ON again. You now have new software. (If the DP4 gets stuck during the “Verification” process for more than 4 minutes, the update is complete and the DP4 can be switched OFF and the USB cable removed.)
You may install the firmware in any order, however you may ONLY have one *.bin file on the drive at one time.
If you experience any problems please contact us using the support form at www.smallhd.com/support
We will not be offering SDI upgrades on B-Stock monitors at the time of purchase.
Some DP6s have been know to freeze during the “Verify” step. If this happens, just turn off the DP6 and turn it back on. You cannot damage the DP6 by interrupting the Verification process.
To determine the loaded firmware version:
Select MENU > MISCELLANEOUS > VERSION