9:30am to 5:30pm EST
If you are getting no signal or a flashing signal on your AC7 with the 5D MKIII follow these instructions.
1. Disconnect your HDMI cable from the monitor.
2. Enter your camera’s menu system.
3. Go to the Blue Play button menu in the camera.
4. Go to the 3rd Tab on this menu.
5. Scroll down to the Ctrl over HDMI setting and set it to Disable.
6. Exit the menu and put the camera in live view.
7. Once an image appears on the back of the camera attach it via HDMI to the AC7.
8. On your AC7 open the menu and select input.
9. Set the input on the monitor to HDMI (Even if it already should be in HDMI).
10. The monitor should now have an image.
The power management capabilities on the 7d leave much to be desired. Basically if you have the camera attached to the monitor it can cause the camera to have an error 80 where you need to remove your battery to reset the camera. It seems there are several ways to avoid this.
1. Try turning the camera on before the monitor.
2. Try turning both devices on before attaching them via hdmi.
3. Make sure you have fully charged batteries in your camera when you go through the boot up process.
We have found a way to modify the hardware on the DP4 that makes it so that this power procedure is not neccessary. All of our current DP4’s are shipping out with this mod in place. If you have an older DP4 and are having this problem please contact support and we will send you a return authorization so you can send it in for a hardware upgrade.
To completely fill the screen with the image from the 7D use the following settings;
Horizontal Start: 558
Horizontal Size: 380
Vertical Start: 540
Vertical Size: 418