Yes, we have tested the GH4 with all of our monitors, with great success. This includes 24 htz/24pfs.
You do need to make sure you enable the downconvert HDMI option in your GH4 menu system for the image to show up on your SmallHD monitor.
If you are not seeing an image output from your GH4 – Try these things:
1. Plug your camera into an HDMI tv or computer monitor to see if an image appears on those other devices. If you do not get an image on the other devices the problem is probably in the camera or hdmi cable.
2. One way to improve compatibility is to turn on the camera and monitor first before connecting HDMI to the monitor.
- Insert USB drive into PC/Mac, remove any existing .bin file from the drive and make sure that it is formated FAT or FAT32.
- Download the desired Firmware version from www.smallhd.com/support. Be sure to read the “Changelog/Issues” file. (See link to the right of the download)
- Copy the *.bin file to the USB drive. The file must NOT be in a folder.
- Safely Eject the USB drive from the PC/Mac and insert it into the USB adapter cable that was included with your DP4.
- Switch the DP4 OFF and plug the cable into the DP4’s Mini-USB port. While pressing down on the DP4’s scroll wheel, Switch ON the DP4.
- Once white text appears on the black screen, you can stop pressing the thumb wheel.
- When prompted, switch the DP4 OFF, remove the USB cable, and then back ON again. You now have new software. (If the DP4 gets stuck during the “Verification” process for more than 4 minutes, the update is complete and the DP4 can be switched OFF and the USB cable removed.)
Here is an article that may prove useful: