OS3 has something to offer for every filmmaker. The free downloadable update comes with a host of new features for all current SmallHD on-camera and production monitors (FOCUS, 500 Series, 700 Series, UltraBrights, 1300 Series, 1700 Series, 2400 Series, and 3200 Series)
New to OS3
Customizeable False Color (Exposure Assist)
Creating a visual, data-driven exposure tool has never been this customizable. Create up to 10 different IRE ranges, with custom color assignments, and start using False Color exactly how you want to.
Spot Metering in LUMA Waveform
Adding to SmallHD’s customizable Waveform tool is the ability to highlight and monitor critical areas of your image. Using a spot meter box with an adjustable size, the targeted area’s data becomes easy to see on the Waveform.
Image Gallery Viewer
Screen captures and images loaded onto SmallHD monitors via SD card can now be accessed in an image gallery. Quickly glance at dozens of frame grabs from a day of shooting, and do so without being connected to your camera.
Adjustable White Point
We’ve added support for the following white points for the desired input space and monitor calibration: D65, DCI-P3, 3000K, 5000K, 5600K, 9300K.
SmallHD FOCUS now accepts 4K30
The SmallHD FOCUS monitor will now accept video signals up to 4K30 via HDMI. Shooters will see an improvement in image quality while shooting in 4K and using the Zoom feature to magnify their image.
How to update a SmallHD Monitor
1. Download the latest Firmware Package (3.1.2)
2. Extract the .zip file and drag and drop the .bin file onto an SD card (must be 16gb or smaller – FAT or FAT32 for Windows, MS-DOS (FAT) for Mac)
3. Remove SD Card from computer or card reader attached to computer
4. Insert SD card into your SmallHD monitor
5. Turn on the monitor and navigate to the monitor’s Settings Menu
6. Scroll to the bottom of the settings list to the “Firmware” Item, located in the “System” section. Your Firmware section should display “Upgrade To Firmware 3.1.2.” Select this option and follow the on-screen instructions.
7. Once the firmware is installed and the on-screen prompts tell you to reboot your monitor – hold down the power button for at least 5 seconds and then release.
8. Press the power button again to begin operating your monitor with the new firmware installed.